Jacquie And Al's World Tour

Here you'll find the latest ramblings as I travel the world with my other half Jacquie. God only know's what wonderful sights we'll see, what fanastic diseases we'll catch (i'm personally hoping for avian flu), life altering experiences etc etc. So stay tuned as the adventure unfolds. Oh and for some fun, you can also interact with us as we travel with a version of "Where's Wally?" called "Where's Bear ?" On some pictures a little yellow bear might appear. Can you see him ?

Friday, September 01, 2006

Our last weeks in oz

Seeing as our time on Oz was running out and we were on the hunt for some decent weather, we decided to head back up the coast to Byron Bay for a week or so. Thankfully the weather was superb and we had a great time just lazing around on the beach taking it easy. On our first day back there we hired a car and went for a drive around the area and on our way back to Byron Bay we drove past the beach, where to my delight we spotted some humpback whales. We quickly parked the car and I sprinted to the beach where you had a perfect view of the whales, breaching doing fin slaps the whole thing. It was amazing, we watched them for about 45 mins until they finally swam of. I also decided during this time that perhaps I should learn to SCUBA dive, so that´s exactly what I did. Well I did half the course before the weather got to bad and the remainder of the course was cancelled. Bummer, this meant that we had to leave Byron early and come back down to Sydney. This wasn´t a huge issue as we had planned to meet my brother Johnny and his girlfriend Lou there And that´s exactly what we did.

Sydney - again again

Johnny and Lou are also doing a world tour at the moment, and they brought forward their trip to Oz so that we could all meet up. It was great to see them both and catch up. I spent 2 days in Sydney completing my open water driving course and am now a qualified diver like Al. Our last few days in Sydney were spent eating and drinking, having a superb time and it was sad to say goodbye to Oz and of course Johhny and Lou, but they had to get up the coast to hire their campervan and we had the little issue of heading to South America.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home