Jacquie And Al's World Tour

Here you'll find the latest ramblings as I travel the world with my other half Jacquie. God only know's what wonderful sights we'll see, what fanastic diseases we'll catch (i'm personally hoping for avian flu), life altering experiences etc etc. So stay tuned as the adventure unfolds. Oh and for some fun, you can also interact with us as we travel with a version of "Where's Wally?" called "Where's Bear ?" On some pictures a little yellow bear might appear. Can you see him ?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Goodbye 2007 Hello 2008

Best wishes to you all for 2008. 2007 for us was a somewhat subdued year whatwith us trying to adjust back into everyday life after our year out and getting ourselves established again and settling into life in Edinburgh which I have done with ease, it is a beautiful city and I love it here.

We spent xmas here in Edinburgh, we were hoping to get a cheap last minute deal to get away for a week in the sun but the prices were too high and did not seem to drop so we ended up staying here. We went to Al’s parents for xmas day so thank goodness I did not have to cook a turkey, I don’t think I could :(

Before xmas my brother and his girlfriend flew up from London for a weekend and also my mom and little sister came for the weekend before xmas which was brilliant it was great to see them, first timers aswell (apart from my mom) so that is always exciting. They were all loaded with birthday (mine) and xmas treats for us, And would you believe that I did not open one single gift in advance which is unlike me I usually rip the paper off them right away, I think Al would have killed me if I did ;)

We spent Hogmanay with Spurtle, Ginge, Rich, Lisa and two of her friends Nina & Jill in Glasgow on “The Ferry” it was a ceiligh night and was a right laugh I did not have a clue of any of the dances but sure I don’t think even the Scottish there knew what they were doing, was such a good laugh and Al was even dancing on the night, which those of you who know him, he does't usually do but he was more then willing to swing his kilt, amazing what alot of alcohol can do :)

We are both looking forward to 2008 to see what it will bring, I’m hoping lots more travel, yes it will be short term travel but travel none the less, really want to get through some of the places on my list and I feel this is the year to do that.

0 Comments:

<< Home